Do you have an AeroGarden unit? It’s a great way to grow plants indoors without needing sunlight. But you may not realize that water changes also affect how plants grow.
This article will cover how to change the water in your AeroGarden to make it even healthier for your plants. This will help your plants grow faster and bigger.
I’ll also share with you my top tips for watering your plants correctly.
How Often to Change Water in AeroGarden
The water in an AeroGarden should be changed every 4-6 weeks. I usually prefer to do it at 4 weeks to keep the water fresh. It will also usually coincide with the time that I’ll need to add more liquid plant food.
If you are growing herbs, it is recommended that you change the water often. Herbs grow quickly and need to stay moist. So keeping water fresh for them will provide you with fresh herbs.
How to Change Water in AeroGarden
Changing the water is very simple and will only take a couple of minutes.
Here are the steps for how to change the water in an AeroGarden:
- Pick up the water reservoir, plants, and grow deck together. Bring it over to a sink.
- Separate the grow deck and plants from the water reservoir.
- Empty the current water out into the sink.
- Rinse the water reservoir out with regular tap water to remove any leftover mineral deposits.
- Use distilled or filtered water in the water reservoir.
- Add the liquid plant food solution to the water.
- Put the grow deck and plants back on the water reservoir. Take everything back to the lights.
- That’s it!
You can also change the water with the Rinse and Refill Siphon on AeroGarden’s Amazon store.
What Type of Water to Use in AeroGarden
There are two types of water that are good to use in an AeroGarden. The first type is distilled water. Distilled water has been purified, so there is no chance of minerals from the water building up. It is safe to drink and perfect for all plants.
Filtered water is another option. Filter can be installed in your kitchen and remove impurities like chlorine and other chemicals from the tap water. These filters are good if you want to avoid using straight tap water.
Change AeroGarden Water Final Thoughts
Changing the water in your AeroGarden is easy and takes just a few minutes. Change it every 4 weeks and you’ll always have tasty, fresh vegetables and herbs.
You might be interested in these other AeroGarden articles: