Gardening is an excellent way to get kids involved in nature and teach them valuable lessons about life. It also helps them develop their creativity and imagination.
If you want to start growing your own herbs and vegetables indoors, then you should consider buying an indoor smart garden kit. These kits allow you to grow plants indoors without having to worry about garden soil, pests, or weather conditions.
These kits are perfect for beginners who want to learn how to grow their own food. They are also ideal for those who live in apartments or condos where gardening space is limited.
Here are 16 of the best indoor smart garden kits on the market today.
- Related article: Grow Herbs Without Sunlight Indoors
16. ECO-Cycle Aquaponics Indoor Garden System with LED Light Upgrade
ECO-Cycle Aquaponics Indoor Garden System with LED Lighting
- Grow fresh organic produce all year long on your 20 gallon fish tank with no water changes
- Fish fertilize the plants. Plants clean the water for the fish in this closed loop, sustainable system
- Advanced, programmable LED lights help your plants grow faster using less energy. 4 grow
The ECO-Cycle Aquaponics indoor garden turns your existing 20-gallon fish tank (not included) into an indoor garden using aquaponics technology. Kids and even adults will love how you can grow your own vegetables and herbs on top of a fish tank.
The fish produce waste that acts as fertilizer for optimal growth in plants. Since the plants absorb fish waste, it also helps clean the aquarium water, without you moving a muscle.
The built-in grow lights (LED lights) will help grow your plants faster with sufficient light.
Additionally, having the water on timer will ensure the device never stops growing your plants efficiently.
It provides excellent sight, growth efficiency and turns your house into a smart garden house. You’ll have healthy indoor plants and healthy fish.
15. Back to the Roots Water Garden
Back to the Roots Indoor Aquaponic Garden - 3 Gallon Self Watering, Mess-Free Planter and Self-Cleaning Fishtank for Herbs, Microgreens, Bamboo, Succulents, and Houseplants, support Fish
- YEAR ROUND WATER GARDEN: The Back to the Roots Water Garden Duo allows you to grow a succulent or houseplant garden all year round and comes with everything you need to get started - no green thum or big backyard needed.
- CONVENIENT AND EASY: Harvest organic microgreens from
Self-Cleaning Fish Tank That Grows Food, Mini Aquaponic Ecosystem
The Back to the Roots Water Garden Duo Kit includes everything needed to create a self-contained mini ecosystem right inside your home.
The system uses a combination of hydroponics and aquaponics techniques to provide fresh organic microgreens and houseplants, like succulents.
This unique design with a 3-gallon water tank allows you to enjoy all the benefits of both methods while minimizing environmental impact.
The great thing about the Back to the Roots water garden is it comes with everything you need:
- Seeds – Radish and wheatgrass
- Water conditioner
- Growstones – Growing medium for the seeds to root
- Water declorinator
- Fish food
- Coupons for fish, food and other things for the indoor garden
14. Aerospring 27-Plant Vertical Hydroponics Indoor Growing System
Aerospring 27-Plant Vertical Hydroponics Indoor Growing System - Patented Vertical Hydroponic Kit for Indoor Gardening - Grow Tent, LED Grow Lights & Fan - Grow Lettuce, Herbs, Veggies & Fruits
- GROW INDOORS ALL YEAR: Grow a variety of leafy greens, herbs, vegetables, fruiting plants, and flowers. Low-pressure aeroponics allows for faster plant growth and better nutrient absorption for healthier plants. High quality plastics made from PC-ABS and HDPE, food safe and won’t break or break down over time,
Patented Vertical Hydroponic Kit for Indoor Gardening – Grow Tent, LED Grow Lights & Fan – Grow Lettuce, Herbs, Veggies & Fruits
The Aerospring allows you to grow up to 27 different types of plants year round. You can grow herbs, vegetables, leafy greens, and fruits.
It’s easy to use and efficient with its design with its own grow tent, LED grow lights and fan.
It uses the aeroponic method of plant cultivation, which means there’s less work involved than traditional planting methods. This vertical hydroponic kit has been designed by experts, so you don’t have to be one either.
You will have to buy the seeds that you want to grow. Match that with the self-watering garden and full-spectrum Tri-band LED bars and lights, you have everything you need to start.
The prices are quite expensive, so people might avoid this device because of this.
A couple of drawbacks are that you do need some space for this device. It’s 34″ in width and 74 inches tall. It will also take a couple of hours to assemble everything.
13. GrowLED I-Shape Hydroponic Indoor Mini Garden Grow
GrowLED Indoor Herb Garden, Herb Garden, 20W Grow Light, Height Adjustable, Self-Watering Window Box Included, Kitchen Herb Garden Kit, High PPFD, Smart Timer, Hydroponic Kits Included (No Seeds)
- [High Performance Full Spectrum Smart Grow Light] Perfect amount of light thanks to efficient 20 watts grow light with high PPFD. The Max. PPFD of this light is 1153 umol/㎡/s, it can make sure plants get strong enough light since seedlings to avoid excessive growth with less electricity
The GrowLED I-Shape is an innovative new way to grow indoors using hydroponics. The GrowLED I-shape is a compact, portable solution that grows high quality produce without garden soil or sunlight.
Instead, it uses smart soil (smart pods packed with nutrients) and LED lights. The nutrients in the smart soil should last for at least 3 months. The height of the lights can be adjusted, so you can move them higher as your plants grow.
There’s also an automatic timer that will turn the lights on and off by itself. 16 hours on and 8 hours off is the best light cycle.
12. Window Garden – Microgreens Window Shelf Garden
Window Garden Window Plant Shelf Microgreens Kit - Acrylic Window Ledge Shelf for Plants with Assorted Seeds and Fiber Soil - Complete Superfood Microgreen Growing Kit - Indoor Suction Cup Planter
- COMPLETE GROWING SYSTEM – This bundle includes 1 Double Veg Ledge, 1 multiuse planter tray, soil, and 5 microgreen seeds (Radish, Pea shoots, Sunflower, Salad Mix, and Wheatgrass)
- RELIABLE WINDOW PLANT SHELF – Powerful double-ridged suction cups clings well to windows, mirrors, and smooth surfaces. Holds up to
The Window Garden is perfect if you’re looking for something small but still effective. With just two parts, you’ll get a window shelf and a growing tray.
With these two pieces, you can create a mini greenhouse where you can grow microgreens – all on a window.
Microgreens window shelf garden is a simple yet effective garden kit that requires no additional, special equipment other than the kit itself. The bundle kit includes:
- 1 Double Veg Ledge
- 1 Multiuse Planter Tray
- 5 Microgreens crops (Wheatgrass, radish, sunflower, pea shoots, and salad)
These microgreens are perfect for adding color and texture to salads, sandwiches, wraps, soups, and more.
The Window Garden is also good as a seed starter for other plants. When the seeds sprout, you can then transplant them to pots and containers, or to your outside garden.
11. Moistenland Indoor Hydroponics Growing System
moistenland Hydroponics Growing System, Indoor Herb Garden Starter Kit, LED Grow Light, Plant Germination Kits 12 Plant Pods for Home Kitchen Gardening
- 🌱Grow Fresh Food Indoor All Year Round: Equipped with 12 planting pods that are made of biodegradable coco coir, the moistenland hydropnics system will make the plants and fruits grow in a clean and neat environment that contains no heavy metal, no antibiotics, and non-OMG. As Hydroponic plants
The Moistenland Indoor Hydroponics Garden Kit comes complete with everything needed to begin indoor gardening right away. The growing system comes with:
- 4L Water reservoir
- 12 plant pots on grow deck
- 22 Watt LED full spectrum grow lights that are adjustable and turns on/off automatically
- Plant germination kit
- Air and water circulation system
The 12 planting pods contain biodegradable coco coir for optimal root development. Coco Coir absorbs moisture from air and retains it within its structure. This helps keep roots moist while allowing oxygen exchange between the roots and surrounding environment.
The Moistenland garden also has two grow modes: veggie and fruit mode. The full spectrum lights will enhance different colors to help with plant growth. In veggie mode, it’ll enhance the blue light, and fruit mode enhances red light.
With 12 spaces to grow plants, you can grow herbs, vegetables, fruits, and flowers all at the same time.
10. VegeBox V-Basket Indoor Garden
The VegeBox V-Basket is one of the more popular kits available today. It features a unique design that reminds me of a gas lamp.
The V-Basket uses hydroponics technology, which means there’s no need for dirt. Instead, this kit contains nutrient rich liquid medium that feeds the plants directly through their stems. You don’t have to worry about watering because the VegeBox does it for you.
The compact size still provides 7 spaces to grow herbs in. The smaller size makes it lightweight and portable, but it isn’t that friendly to large vegetables or flowers due to the size.
Despite its small size, it still has a large 1.65 liter water tank that gives enough water for about two weeks.
The V-Basket has an automatic LED light (direct light) to make your plants grow. The light cycle consists of 14 hours of it being on and 10 hours of it being off.
It also requires no soil so it leaves things cleaner. It has a water pump (that’s 360 degrees) that helps with watering the plant roots.
9. VegeBox Kitchen Box Indoor Garden
The big brother to the previous 7-pod VegeBox V-Basket is the 12 planting pod Vegebox Kitchen-Box (K-Box) Indoor Garden system.
The Kitchen Box is better for those who want to grow herbs and smaller vegetables like cherry tomatoes. It does come with a larger 2 liter water tank compared to the V-basket, since you can grow more with the K-Box.
There’s also a 22W LED grow light panel that’s full spectrum. It has different spectrums for different purposes:
- Blue light helps with photosynthesis
- Green light helps to improve taste in vegetables
- IR and Red light helps increase production
There is no UV light either, so you won’t get sun burn while pruning, nor will it harm your eyes.
8. AeroGarden Harvest Elite Indoor Hydroponic Garden
AeroGarden 901104-1200 In-Home Garden Harvest Elite LED Grow Light System Kit, Stainless Steel
- FASTER THAN SOIL: Grow up to 6 plants 5X faster than soil
- DUAL LED LIGHTS: 20W LED grow light for full spectrum, optimal lighting
- MAXIMIZE GROWTH: Up to 12-inch of grow height for herbs, lettuces, tomatoes & more
- STAINLESS STEEL FINISH: Real stainless steel finish
- DIGITAL DISPLAY: Digital
AeroGarden Harvest gardens are hydroponic indoor garden kits designed specifically for indoor gardening. This indoor garden kit has space for 6 seed pods for herbs, vegetables, and other plants you want to grow.
This model comes with a gourmet herb seed kit that includes: Genovese Basil, Curly Parsley, Dill, Thyme, Thai Basil and Mint. They’re nurtured by all natural, chemical-free Miracle Gro Plant Food (enough for a full season of growth)
AeroGarden is one of the top brands of indoor hydroponic systems Their products are known for quality and durability.
The compact size allows you to put it on your kitchen countertop for the plant-to-plant freshness that many home chefs love.
7. AeroGarden Bounty Elite Indoor Hydroponic Garden
AeroGarden Bounty Basic - Indoor Garden with LED Grow Light, Black
- AeroGarden Bounty Basic hydroponic garden grows up to 9 of your favorite herbs, veggies, or flowers indoors and year-round, without soil
- 30W LED grow light gives your plants the full spectrum of light they need to grow quickly - up to 5x faster than in soil
- Automatic lighting
If the Harvest’s 6 pods aren’t enough for you and the family, you can get one of the 9-pod AeroGarden Bounty indoor garden kits like the Bounty Elite.
You’ll have plenty of room to grow, while choosing from over 100 varieties of fruits, veggies, herbs, and even flowering bulbs.
With 9 spaces, you can grow tomatoes, basil, cilantro and a number of other vegetables and herbs. Here are some articles on growing:
6. AeroGarden Farm 24Basic, with Salad Bar Seed Kit
AeroGarden Farm 24Basic with Salad Bar Seed Pod Kit - Indoor Garden with LED Grow Light, Black
- Use this hydroponic garden to grow 24 different herb, veggie, or flower varieties simultaneously and year-round
- Two fully customizable 60W LED grow lights give your plants the full spectrum of light they need to grow quickly - up to 5x faster than in soil
- Automatic timer makes sure
The Farm family of AeroGarden kits are popular for families who love to cook and don’t want to always run out to the grocery store.
There are 2 sides of the garden with 12 spaces in each side. With a total space for 24 seed pods, you can grow all kinds of fruits and vegetables.
The AeroGarden Farm kits have two adjustable LED lights that are 60W and are easily raised and lowered with a button. They’ve put together a customized spectrum of blue, red, and white lights for optimized growth.
The lights also have a new Sunrise/Sunset Auto Light Dimming feature that will mimic day and night. There’s also Vacation Mode if you’re going away for longer periods of time.
The Farm line of gardens has a number of smart features controlled through the AeroGarden App and/or the touchscreen control panel to help you with growing plants. It’s Wi-Fi enabled, so you’re able to use it with Amazon Alexa as well.
The Farm gardens are also stackable, so you can have walls of gardens.
5. Sidasu Hydroponic Grow Kit 36 Sites 4 Pipes
Sidasu Hydroponic Grow Kit 36 Sites 4 Pipes Hydroponic Growing System with Pump Timer Planting Basket and Sponge
- 【SPECIFICATION】Type: 1 Layers; Pipe quantity: 36; Hole quantity: 4; Plant site quantity: 36; Each PVC pipe is 39.4 inches(100 cm) long and 2.5 inches (6.3cm) in diameter with ample space.
- 【TIMEABLE CIRCULATORY SYSTEM】This hydroponic kit has a timed circulation system; The default setting of the timer allows the
The Sidasu hydroponic grow kit is a great home system for those who want to grow a large number of plants. It’s great for beginners without a green thumb.
The Sidasu uses the NFT system of hydroponics to grow crops. It uses a timed circulation system with a timer that pumps nutrient solution for 5 minutes every 30 seconds through the pipes.
The kit contains 36 sites for plants in 4 pipes, so you do need some space for these. They can be put out on the balcony or in a sunny room.
4. Window Garden Aquaphoric Herb Garden Tub
The Window Garden Aquaphoric Herb Garden Tub is an easy way to start your own herb garden at home.
It uses a passive hydroponic system with its unique Fiber Soil that helps give plant roots the perfect balance of water and oxygen.
You’ll still need to add some fertilizer though as its fiber soil doesn’t have much in the way of nutrients.
The tub holds up to 6 quarts of fiber soil and water, which means there’s no need to worry about running low on water when watering. You just add fresh water once per week or so whenever the water level indicator is low.
3. Click and Grow Smart Garden 3
The Click and Grow Smart Garden is one of the best indoor garden brands. The Smart Garden 3 is the perfect starter garden for beginners with its space for 3 plant pods.
Click & Grow created smart soil technology that’s inspired by NASA research. The seed plant pods get all their vitamins and minerals from the plants. The smart soil also helps the plants get the right mix of oxygen and water, along with the perfect pH-level.
The Smart Garden 3 also automatically waters and simulates sunshine if you want it to. It’ll enable you to grow plants all year round.
Getting an indoor garden kit from Click and Grow or AeroGarden won’t steer you wrong.
2. Click and Grow Smart Garden 9
Click & Grow Indoor Herb Garden Kit with Grow Light | Easier Than Hydroponics Growing System | Smart Garden for Home Kitchen Windowsill | Vegetable & Herb Garden Starter Kit with 9 Plant pods, White
- Grow Fresh Herbs and Vegetables Indoors. Enjoy the magic of gardening and freshly harvested vitamin rich herbs and vegetables all year around! Brighten up your home with a touch of fresh greenery and beautiful Scandinavian design
- Start growing right away: starter kit comes with 3 mini tomato, 3
The Click and Grow Smart Garden 9 is a great indoor garden if you want to grow herbs and/or vegetables for 3-4 people.
It has mostly the same features as the Smart Garden 3 except there are 9 spaces on its grow deck for plants. You can grow vegetables with the extra space.
The benefits of the Smart Garden 9 include: automatic lighting control, auto watering, LED lights, and more. If you’re looking for a good indoor gardening kit then this might be worth checking out.
If you want to be able to control the Smart Garden from the mobile app, you’ll want to get the Smart Garden 9 PRO version that’s only available from Click & Grow’s online shop.
1. OPCOM Farm GrowWall
The OPCOM Grow Wall is a vertical growing wall made specifically for small gardens like apartments and condos. This allows you to grow healthy food without having to spend time tending to individual pots.
The Grow Wall is a NFT hydroponic system that also uses a hydroponic Ebb and Flow system with a flood tray where the nutrient-rich water solution is. The water tank is 7.1 Gallons (27 Liters) and uses water efficiently.
It includes 75 growing pots, meaning you can grow 75 vegetables, herbs, and/or salad greens at once, all year round. That’s made possible by having 5-tiers vertically for space savings. It’s great if you live in a smaller home or apartment.
Automatic and preset timers are available for the LED lights and water circulation.
The package also comes with a starter kit – seeds, a pH adjuster, and the essential nutrients for your plants.
Other articles you might be interested in: